Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Within Ourselves

Today's Thoughts 11/26/11 Within Ourselves

Here's hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving this week. I know that for me, just actually being home on a major holiday for a change was an awesome thing in its self. That being so, it's been quite awhile since I've been out in the real world instead of being stuck at some truck stop away from the real world and it's real people. I often wonder just how I will survive when the time finally comes for me to rejoin normal society after I am no longer able to drive my truck.

I got a little taste of that yesterday as my wife and I made a trip down to the auto parts store to buy a new light bulb for the tail light on our T-bird. We were the first of several cars to pull into the parking lot and as all the spots close to the store filled up, the last car was left with only the row away from the store. There are only two rows, one facing the store and the row facing the road so the extra distance needed to make it to the door really only amounted to a few extra steps.

Anyway, I backed in against the road and the last car as I watched the two occupants looking for a decent spot to park in; they choose the handicap parking spot right in front of the door instead of the several empty parking spots next to me. I really did not think too much of this until my wife and I approached their car and we watched as they pulled out their handicapped permit and threw it up on the dash. SO one of them must be handicapped I'm thinking and I take an extra second to hold the door open for a man and a woman in perfect health to walk right on by without as much as saying thank you for my effort to hold the door open for a handicap person.

They proceed to buy a quart of oil, walk back outside, lift the hood and add it to the engine. As they leave, they grab the handicap permit from the dash were they had laid it and placed it back in the glove compartment where they keep it stored for quick access I guess. I'm going to leave the rest of this paragraph empty for these of you that might want to add a few of your own words.

Morals and Ethics. It's hard for those of us that have them to watch as these sorts of things go on in the world. What's even harder is not jerking a knot in their butt like their momma and papa should have done so many years ago. I mean in reality what is it that we can do about these types of people?

Talk bad about them for one but that’s about it.They kind of frown on us shooting them. Beating them with a stick I guess might work if you don’t mind spending a little time in the pokey over it. Nope, really all we can do is talk about them and I had just about the whole store in laughter as I pointed out what was going on.

When all is said and done though, the best way to combat these sorts of things is by the way we live our own lives. We have to look within ourselves as we live our daily lives and find the morals and ethics that we know to be right and apply them to our everyday activities. I know it’s hard sometimes especially when it cost you something like little extra time or perhaps some cash. But it’s the only real weapon we have against those that would have us dealing with each other as if we still lived in the animal world. We need to pass these things on to our children ourselves instead of letting the village teach them as they see fit. As for the rest of the world, all we can do is look within ourselves and lead by example and hope they see just how big of an arse they are when they do these things.

Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment