Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Left Sided Truck Wash

Today's Thoughts 11/22/11 Left Sided Truck Wash

Sometimes in this world, even the simplest things turn weird. This happens a lot I suppose in the world between sleep and becoming wide awake to the knowledge that something just is not right. I have an early morning appointment tomorrow, well; I guess that’s today now. So I went to bed early hoping to get a good night's rest. After I unload, it's only about a three hour drive back home to the house. Anyhow, after an hour or so of sleeping, my mind started wondering and worrying about how things are going to turn out with my truck and the expensive repairs I have to make, I was not doing a very good job of sleeping.

But then the rain comes. I'm lying here in the sleeper berth with my curtain closed. Its pitch dark and the rain starts to fall on the roof of my truck. I cannot see out but the sound of the water gently falling on the roof is quite relaxing. It comes in waves sort of like some of the hurricanes I sat through back a few years ago. Wave after wave of water that you could watch moving across the land until it finally washes over your truck.

And that’s when in my half way between sleep and wide awake state of mind, I started to realize that something just was not right with this rain. When a rain cloud moves over you, it normally moves in one direction. But the rain I was experiencing in my half asleep world would first hit the front of my truck and wash over to the rear. Then the next wave would start at the rear and then wash out over the hood.

As settling as the sound of rain is on a tin roof as most of you I'm sure know, each pass found me more and more awake. Finally to the point that I'm lying in the dark timing each pass and guessing with great accuracy the direction and timing of the next wave of rain. And then the rain stops. I lay there wondering if it's going to start again. I'm awake now as you can see. I just had to know. So I get up out of my bunk and I go sit in the driver's seat for a few minutes.

This is where reality sits in for me. I'm backed in with the left side of my truck up against the curb. The parking lot all around my truck is soaked with water with streams of it still running towards the drain. The sprinklers have not only done a fine job of watering the grass, but of also washing the left side of my truck.

Ok, all is right with the world again. I can now go back to sleep knowing that the rain when it does come again, will move in the direction it is supposed to. Well at least I hope it will. Good Night Peeps. Sleep well.

Be safe peeps …

Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment