Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Trucking Santa's

Today's Thoughts 11/20/11 Trucking Santa's

All throughout the year I'm mean and grouchy. On a good day I can be a total, well, you know. But come Christmas time I become a complete sap. My little Grinch heart grows bigger and bigger and I fill up a special made Santa Clause bag and find a bunch of kids and let them take turns reaching in and grab whatever gift they wish. Eyes closed of course. And watching their faces light up pretty much makes my whole year. This tradition started for me a few years back when it became near impossible to buy a gift for so many nieces and nephews. And as they grew up and moved away, well, the kids next door work just fine. Even when I'm stuck out on the road, my wife and son pick up the duties and my Santa Clause bag makes the rounds without me.

It's been several years now since I've actually been home to do the job myself. With any luck I'm going to remedy that this year. Another thing I like to do is send out a few books to Trucking Santa's wish list. It's something easy and simple for me to do and it makes my little Grinch heart just a little bit bigger too. I'm not sure just what it is about Christmas, but it seems to me the more involved I get into it, the more I give, the more each and every smile that I see does for me. Just knowing that the things I do with my wife brings so much joy to some child somewhere brings us closer together as a couple. It's who we are.

Anyway, before I get all long winded, sappy and start crying in my egg nog. How about you? Are you planning to share a little Christmas Spirit this year? I certainly hope so. Not only does it make your own Holidays go so much better, but it really makes the day of child that otherwise would have nothing. That’s part of what started my Christmas Grab Bag. Once a child showed up unexpectedly and the look on his little face as he stood there without a present, heart wrenching to say the least. Not going to happen again if I can help it.

Trucking Santa's is a great way for drivers to help keep those sad faces tucked away on Christmas Day. Families that need a little help are already found and all that is needed now is for a trucker to donate a little time to provide the presents that these families need for their children. Then on Christmas day when you're at your own home or perhaps out on the road once again, you will know that you put the smile on a child's face. Put a little love and hope in their little Grinch hearts.
Last time I looked there were still about forty four families that needed a trucker to help out this year. With about three million truck drivers out there, we should be able to cover this. I added the link below for those of you that might be interested. Let's make this a very Trucking Christmas for every child we can this year. Let's put a smile on the face of children all across our wonderful nation. From truckers that care, a gift from Santa Clause to you.

Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/232519576806281/?notif_t=group_activity

No comments:

Post a Comment