Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Road Blocks


Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 3/7/13 Road Blocks

Just over five thousand dollars the lady says to me on the phone yesterday as I make inquiries into what I will need to do before I can officially become a candidate for Congress. She thinks anyway because she is not quite sure just how the math works. "Let's see," she says as she goes on to explain that the fee is calculated at three percent of the previous years salary of the position I want to run for. But of course, she is not sure if her numbers are just right.

 

Then we go on to talk about what happens after I jump the five grand road block. When it is that I can actually officially throw my name into the hat. She pulls up the proper codes and starts to explain those rules. "The last Monday and before the last Friday that follows the last Monday of, of." "Let me see, "she goes on. "What month was that now?" Finally she just gives up and we figure that it is best for me to look up the rules myself.  I find myself writing down about six different codes and when I go look them up, I figure out why she was so wishy washy about telling me what the rules are. As I look them over, I find myself thinking that a second grader must have written them. With a little effort though, I think I understand them.

 

In short, to run for the office of Senator in the mid terms elections, I have to show up at the Secretary of State's office on a certain week about six months prior to the election with just over five grand in my pocket. Showing up should be easy enough to do. Coming up with the five grand, not so much. Of course they have that covered to. The paupers part of the regulations. All I have to do to qualify for that is to prove I am dead broke and own nothing. After meeting that requirement, I have to get signed petitions from at least one forth of previous elections voters. Easy enough I guess, if you had the money to do all of that to start with.

 

Always something, always a road block in front of anything that you want to do it seems. If I was a government dependent, I could get in for free. If I was a rich man with five grand pocket change, no problem. But I am a working stiff, you know, the guy being used up by both of these classes. I am the one most needed up there on the hill to represent the middle class that is being destroyed in this country. For me, they make it nearly impossible on my own to even enter the race.

 

Road blocked once again. But as I see it a road block is nothing but another challenge to overcome and I am here to tell you, I love a good challenge. As I have fought the world for truckers to be able to run safe and legal, I over came many challenges and survived to tell the stories. We need men and women in our government that will stand up to the powers that be if we are to return our county to its former greatness. I believe that my work in the trucking industry shows that I can and will do this. That I will not bend to the pressures of those that try and scam the system for their own profit.

 

Well, it's off to see the Wizard as I often say. To take on the world and its road blocks. I am sure I will be finding my way through all of this soon enough. Looking for good people to start building a team seems to be a good start. Seeking out and understanding campaign financing laws I think at this point is a must.
 

God Bless America

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment