Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

Chain Reaction


Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 3/4/13 Chain Reaction

That is the way to do it. You are kicked back at your computer or perhaps reading one of the trucking rags over you lunch down at the truck stop restaurant. As you read along you come across a story  that hits close to home. The subject matter could enrage you are it could fill your heart with joy. Either way, something in you just has to get into action and you find yourself getting involved. That my dear friends is what I call a chain reaction.

 

This is a good thing, or at least I think so. It happened to me today as I tuned in to one of my favorite radio shows and I found myself listening to a story that I had been following. I had not quite made up my mind just yet as to how to get involved. But there they were, another trucking advocate speaking out about a industry problem when poof, it just popped into my head what I needed to do. A few phone calls later and my good intentions were set into motion. So once again today, I have struck another blow towards truckers to be able to run safe and legal. Am I not just so awesome? Well, maybe not so much awesome as I am just a normal every day citizen doing their civic duty. That for me is awesome enough no matter who jumps in to get involved.

 

So this chain reaction thing I am talking about, the advocate on the radio was in some way sparked to do their thing. Their thing sparked me to do mine. With any luck, you my friend may be so inclined to do your thing and the chains builds both in length and in strength. Before long we have thousands of links all joined together working toward our common goal. In today's case, our goal is to help keep parking open so that tired truckers can find a safe place to park. But what about tomorrow. What chain will come our way so that we can add to the previous chain reactions that have already been working toward the next best thing. No one really knows so all we can do is keep an open mind so as that chain comes our way, we can see the opportunity and add our own link to the chain.

 

Get involved folks. No matter what the battle, we have not lost it until we have walked away from it. Safe and legal truck drivers, just too important to not wrap our chains around and win this battle.

 

God Bless America

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment