Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hope

Today's Thoughts 10/30/11 Hope
I met Hope today. A pretty little girl that I held the door open for. I'm not sure what her real name was or much of anything else about her for that matter. But there she was on her way out of the truck stop in her Sunday best dress all ready for church. Her Grandpa, close behind her with a smile ear to ear on his face because Hope once again made him a proud Grandpa. Hope you see was only about knee high to a grass hopper as they say. Only about as tall as my knee cap for sure. And as I stood there holding the door open for her and her grandpa to come on out of the store, she pops out in that squeaky voice that belongs to most little girls about her size, "Thank you Sir".
It took me a few seconds because I was so astounded to meet such a polite child like her out on the road, but I finally reminded myself to say, "Your welcome young lady". That was it. And then she was gone. As I thought about that short moment of my day today as I went about keeping myself busy before my delivery tomorrow, I was thinking that there might just be a little Hope for this world if people were actually  still teaching their children a few manners like that. That’s a good thing I guess. Maybe Hope will rub off on a few people as she travels through life and those people will rub off on even more people and before long once again it will be a more common thing to say please and thank you to strangers that we meet along the way. Well, one can always Hope I guess.
I guess that’s it for me today. Tomorrow starts another busy day getting cut off in traffic and dealing with the real world. I think though, as I'm being told that I'm number one once again by that gesture through the rear window of the vehicle that cut me off. I'm just going to sit back and smile and remember Hope, The little girl that showed me that people can be nice. That people can be courteous to strangers. And that maybe, if we are lucky, that there still is a little Hope for mankind.

Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
http://runninglegalblues.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment