Total Pageviews

Monday, August 25, 2014

Angels Looking Over Me



Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 7/20/13 Angels Looking Over Me
A little religious talk today if you do not mind.  Nothing to deep, just a few words about what happened to me the other day as I was working on my truck out in the back lot.  Well, I guess if you really think about it, my story goes back years ago to when I first realized that I had someone or something looking over me.  You see, I have noticed that when something holds me up or if I make a decision to not go somewhere, I always find out later that if I had been there, I would have been right in the middle of an accident or something else bad happening.  So I have come to feel that maybe, just maybe, I have Angels looking over me.

It all started when I was about ten years old.  On the night a friend of the family died, I was awakened by a presence at the foot of the bed.  As I woke and my eyes cleared, I could see her standing there as she said to me, "Do not worry, I will be watching over you."  I know, some do not believe in Angels and such things while others do.  As for me, whatever that was that night was very real and very calming.  I simply rolled over and went back to sleep.

As I traveled through my life, many times I have come just so close to catastrophe and always that hold up for whatever reason that kept me safe and out of harm's way.  Then each and every time it happens I like to thank my Angels that watch over me.

The thing that made the other day working on my truck so different, well, so special was my Angels actually yelled at me.  I had set up my air hose to the trailer airline so I could use my air tools. As any driver knows, on the dash are two valves side by side to set or release brakes.  I had inadvertently release the truck brakes instead of the trailer brakes that would have supplied air to my air hose. Then I stepped down out of the cab and turned my back on the truck.

"Jeff, jeff, JEFFF" I heard several female voices yell out to me.  The voices getting louder each time they yelled my name.  I spun around to see my truck starting to roll off.  I jumped up on the steps, reached over the steering wheel and reset the truck parking brakes.  Then I stepped back to the ground and started looking for who had yelled my name.  In a scolding voice, again I heard "JEFFERY" and then female voices chattering as the voices faded away.

As I walked around the truck, out in that back parking lot, not one person anywhere in site.  My radios were off and the closet human to me was at least a football field length away from me.  Yet, there they were, human voices once again protecting me from harm.  My Angels sent from God to watch over me once again.

Well there it is, my own personal religious story.  Whatever you may think of it, I happen to feel very blessed because of it. I always try my best to do that which is right, to live by the teachings in the Bible.  I guess what I am trying to say here is, just feeling very blessed today because I know that I have Angels watching over me.

God Bless America
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:
Books By Jeff Head
Running Legal Blues
Drive Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment