Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

If You See

Today's Thoughts 8/19/11 If You See
What a beautiful day for trailer trucking. I dropped down out of Oregon on the back roads through northern California and into Nevada for the night. I think this part of the country has some of the most beautiful scenery there is out there to see. Well, at least until I have another great run through another part of the country and then that will be the greatest scenery I've ever seen. I guess it all depends on where you are and what mood you are in. Today was a good day except for the fact I hit some road trash along the way and trashed a tire. That’s ok though; I bought eight new tires last week and missed every one of them. the tire I trashed I was just running out and was planning on replacing in about a month anyway, so all is good.
I've traveled this route many times, usually leaving out about four in the morning. About an hour in I had to slow down for about ten deer that were crossing the road. A nice buck about eight points was in the mix. Then a little further down I pull in a rest area and take an hour nap, no big rush today, plenty of time to make delivery. Then I travel on to my favorite restaurant along the route; ham and cheese omelet with home fries and wheat toast. I skip the coffee trying to cut down on my caffeine intake but I do enjoy some friendly conversation with the local farmers just in from their early morning chores.
Heading south toward Reno, Nevada; on my way again. It's not long though I start getting a little sleepy because I just ate a big breakfast but skipped the coffee. It's ok though because I have a nice wide spot just a little further down that I know about that is safe to pull into. It's not a rest area or nothing like that but it does get you off the road a good piece with a ditch dividing it from the main highway. Many of times I have stopped in here and took long walks or had a pic-nick lunch.  It’s a beautiful place and in between the occasional vehicle that might happen by, usually the only sounds you can hear are the wind blowing and the birds singing; very relaxing indeed.
Figuring a long walk would do me better today I headed out. I never get to far from the truck as there is usually enough to check out close by. The plant life in the northwest is much different than the south where I am from. Finding animal tracks scurrying around the things people dump out is cool. Trying to figure out what kind of animal it might be. And then there is the trying to figure out what it was that the people dumped out was. Or like this morning, why it was? Tires and refrigerators I can understand. But today as I was walking along I came across what seemed to be a brand new pair of jeans, a nice shirt, underwear and socks. All neatly laid out as if some on had gone swimming and would soon be back for them.
Where were they I wondered? I'm on the high desert tundra and I can see for miles. Not a bush over a foot tall and not a person in site. Yet here in front of me lay a perfectly good set of close clean and dry and ready to wear. I took my foot and kind of flipped them over a bit hoping maybe to find a clue. Nothing as far as I could see was to be found. I walked a big circle and still nothing. No foot prints or any sign of who are where the owner of these nice looking close could be found.
So I thought about it for a minute. Should I pick them up and turn them into the lost and found down the road at the next town. I decided against that. No because it seemed to me that if someone's jeans, shirt, socks and under ware were laying here in the middle of nowhere, that meant that somewhere out here was a guy running around in a pair of shoes and a ball cap. Now if that was me, I would be pretty upset to return and found that someone had run of with my clothes. So if any one sees this guy tonight, tell him I left his clothes just where he left them and the rest of us would appreciate it very much if he would go back and put them back on.
Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
http://runninglegalblues.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment