Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tippy Toes

Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 10/23/12 Tippy Toes
There I go again, making some one mad. I’m sorry, but I have to laugh about it.  I think from the very first day that I signed onto Face Book, I walked into the biggest war that I have ever seen.  Of course as you could expect, I found myself presented time and time again with “if you’re their friend, you cannot be my friend.” I did not even know how to navigate Face Book let alone who all these new people were.  That was about three years ago now, and time and situations move on. One would hope that by now things would have changed. Hoped.

So about two weeks ago, I decided to start spot lighting some of the smaller guys out there doing things for truckers and their image. I figured what the heck, Who could possibly have a problem with that?   I found myself just two stories into the feature and with a mailbox full of messages transporting me back to the time I first started Face Book.  “You should not have mentioned them.” “Hey, there against me.” The jest of all these messages is I guess that I’m supposed to pick sides, back my friends, and write only about who and what I am supposed to. (Scratching my head here)

The thing about this is, they, you, are all my friends, I wish everyone well in their endeavors as we are all working toward the same goal. And where pray tell is this rule book of things, subjects and people I am or I am not supposed to write about.  I am not a politician folks. I have no clue as to how to tippy toe through the minefield of what thousands of people think I should or should not write about or whom it is I am allowed to talk to.  On my best day, I could not win this game, not in a million years.

But, I am not going to give up, not just yet. I think I will put off my spot lighting idea for now, maybe forever. I just do not want to deal with the problems of trying to figure out how to let the world know that we are doing great things as truckers without finding myself in the middle of happenings I know nothing about. I figure that’s a good decision. I will just file this idea under things I tried to do but once again managed to screw up. Hey, I am a man, that is what we do, screw things up.

So back to my normal stuff, the world according to me and how I see things from a truckers view. I will play it safe for a while and with any luck, maybe I will come up with the world’s next greatest novels.  Just know that I meant well and not every great idea you ever had was your finest either.

Be safe peeps.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment