Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bumps

Today's Thoughts 5/24/12 Bumps

It is early this morning when I wake up, not quite six thirty yet. Too early to start looking for a load I am thinking and I have already been sitting here for two days now with nothing going anywhere I want to go that pays worth a darn. Today is the day I am thinking that I decide to search yet another day or just deadhead a thousand miles to better paying freight. It is even too early to make that decision so I decide on a shower then breakfast. I turn on Sammy's light and say good morning to her as she sits there winking at me and head in towards the big building to get things rolling.

After my shower, I head toward the restaurant and after looking but not finding that quite corner I usually head for, I decide to sit next to a couple of drivers that had been friends for years and had once again crossed paths. They were as most of us drivers do from time to time taking a little time to catch up with each other and talking over old times. I try not to eavesdrop but it is hard, as they are talking loud enough to be easily over heard by anyone close by. My mind tries to think of the things I have to do today, but what this one driver is saying is definitely yanking me out of my world and deeply onto his.

"It was about two in the morning" he is saying, " when I hear this knock on my door so I get up and roll down the window. There stood this little girl about eight years old. She was not even old enough to have bumps yet and she is asking me if I want some company." Well, as you can imagine, there is no me trying not to mind my own business any more at this point.

So the driver continues, "I tell her no and she ask me for a cigarette. I offer her one and she asked me to light it for her so I did." he goes on to say that after she left, he went back and laid in his bunk a long time thinking about what had become of our world before he was able to go back to sleep.

So now it is time for me to jump in, I ask if he had called the cops. He said no, it had not occurred to him at the time. So I ask if he knew about "Truckers Against Trafficking? I went on to say that, that little girl was probably one that we had heard about in the news somewhere that had been kidnapped and then forced into being a sex slave. He thought about it for a minute and replied that he had heard of TAT but he really knew nothing about them. So I spent the next twenty minutes of my life explaining all about the program. Even as I left I went up to the fuel desk, grabbed to brochures that are there in any TA truck stop and walked them back to the drivers in the restaurant. I asked him to look it over and to give them a call and let them know where and when all this happened, it might lead to the rescues of someone's child.

So now, I am mad. I have been that way all day long just thinking about what kind of sub human pig would take a child so young and prostitute her out for any reason let alone money. I know the driver I met this morning was caught off guard his and now having time to understand what he was faced with will know how to handle it better in the future. He was a good man for if he were not, that child would have been in his truck. Now let a young child like that knock on my door and that sub human piece of pig crap that forced them to knock on my door had better hope the police find them before I do. That young girl will go home before I let them go back to those that are, well, I am just too pissed to finish this.

Us truckers are out here on the front lines. Everybody looking to make a quick buck thinks that all truckers are out here away from home just looking for some trouble of our own to get into. I am here to tell them that if it is trouble that they think I am all about, let them try to sell me a young child. They will find out real quick just what a decent hard working person like this trucker likes to try to be will show them.
TAT, Truckers Against Trafficking. If you do not know who and what they are, learn. If someone you know does not know who and what they are, teach them. Let's get these sub human pigs off our streets and return some long lost children back home, where they belong.

By Jeff Head
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment