Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Whack Whack Whack

Today's Thoughts 12/26/11 Whack Whack Whack
Here we go again, whack, whack, whack on the heads of those killers truck drivers once again. Good grief when will these folks give up. Again with this sleep apnea crap. Last week it was cell phones. Then the week before that, we had the TSA in Tennessee looking for it to go nationwide and the week before that another something else someplace else. Nationwide Brake Checks, inspections, background checks, Dot Physicals, on and on and on. AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH….

When will it freaking end. Look here folks, in the thirty odd years I have sat behind the wheel of a truck I have not killed anyone. I've had millions worth of freight on my wagon and not stolen a dime. I've carried radioactive and destroyed not one city. I've been in five wrecks and not caused a one of them. When the hell are they finally going to get around to understanding that the only thing causing stress on my life and taking my mind off of that highway is their continued insistence about interfering in my life? That if they do not add just one more thing to my life to make sure I'm not a killer truck driver after thirty years of not killing any one is them, the government and special interest groups out to make a buck off politically correct thinking. And now once again, the big wigs that own sleep apnea crap are whack whack whacking on the governments door trying to get them to force truck drivers to buy their crap so that you the general public can feel safe from killer truck drivers that are only a small percentage of the cause of wrecks out on that highway. When are they finally going to get around to telling the voters that they actually need to pay attention when driving around trucks?

Why am I so pissed? Because I just signed a three year note to get my truck fixed thinking that it would be quite some time before they came back with this again, and after just one run, whack, there it is again. I got news for you, before I let the government force me into buying into this politically correct BS I'll walk away from the industry. No matter how many hoops we jump through they will just come up with more and more until they get their final wish. Those wishes being the American trucker not causing one death out on that highway. Of course that means that Americans will no longer be out on that road. They will bring in drivers from other countries to do the job because as they will claim, no American will do it. Of course we will not do it. After they make it impossible for us to do it ourselves, after they have striped us of every right we have as American citizens. Already several of the programs set up for foreign drives release them from having to meet American standards or following our laws. They are cutting our throats one vocal cord at a time.

Here's a clue folks, it's not just us, the trucking industry that is. It is this whole country that is being attacked and destroyed from within. Why do you think our American industry refuses to build jobs in this country? To fix our industry's problem we must stand up for all American jobs. So in the process of kicking this sleep apnea crap in the butt again, we need to stand up for all industry. We must look beyond ourselves and save our country. We must get our representatives up on the hill to stand up for us. We must demand that we be represented as we pay taxes and deserve to be represented.

There is just one more thing that I want to know from my representatives that are supposed to be looking out for me. If I spend all my time, at least once a week up there in some committee meeting on capitol hill, and I have to log this as time worked but not driving because it is in fact time I'm spending on my job, how the heck an I supposed to deliver the fright that keeps America fed? At the speed they are coming out with whack after whack after whack, I could never make my first delivery. When the American people have to stop producing and spend all their time on Capitol Hill ensuring that some fruit cake politician is not cutting their legs out from under them, then that folks in my opinion is nothing less than Tyranny. Yup, I used the "T" word.

No more. Period this crap has to stop. Not just this newest attempt from the medical profession to suck dollars out of the trucking industry. But the continuous whack whack wahck on hard working Americans that have shown especially over the last ten years that we have taking the lead from this tyrannical government and made the highways safer on our own. Just once I would like to see someone up there announce to the world just how much the truckers of America have sacrificed and made the highways safer. Just once I wish someone would put a dollar amount on what it has coast us in jobs, freight, family and time telling not only big companies but big government "hell no" when it was not safe or legal to put that load through. They sure as heck have no problem telling the world when some driver that they let in that had no business behind the wheel of a big truck screws up. But they never just quite get around to telling everything that we as an industry have accomplished.

Well folks, clue number two for today. What the heck are we waiting for? Surely not the folks that are using us as stepping stones to advance their career or line their bank accounts. If we want this done, If we want stand up and protect our jobs and our freedom out on that highway, if we want to continue to take the lead on safe and legal truck driving instead of being forced to comply with regulations that will force us off the road, then it is time to stand up and tell those morons where to stick it. (Boy is I in a mood tonight)

Ok, enough from me. If you want this, go fight for it. Best I can do is keep on doing my part. To make a difference you and you and yes, even you are going to have to look deep down in yourselves and decide to get it done. It's going to cost you something. Time for sure, maybe lost wages. I know myself what the cost has been for me over the years. Friends lost I think has been the hardest on me. But think back to those that first fought for our freedom. Our forefathers lost land, life and liberty. Our freedom has never been free and will always have a cost. The time is now to start this countries turn around. What part will you play in that?
Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment