Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Do Letters Work

Today's Thoughts
Do letters work….. I'll let you decide …. Once upon a time … In the state of Georgia…. The American Trucking Association was able to convince the state to make it mandatory for every commercial driver to join their Highway Watch program or the driver would not be able to get or renew their CDL license. To me … in a free America that just seemed insane …. Being forced to join a political group or losing my privilege to work…. how freaking dare they …

So …. being the quite person I am when my dander gets up …. I wrote a simple letter to the editor of my local news paper explaining my stance …. Why should I be forced to join the ATA activities when they were on Capitol Hill trying to put owner operators like me out of business and lose my ability to feed my family…. I also sent the same letter to all my representatives….It took about a week … when I was pulling out of a dock and I hear Dave Nemo Talking with a guy from the Georgia Motor Trucking Association about ….. my letter wow….

The guy … I wish I could remember his name … was Telling the world that the gentleman from Gainesville had no clue what he was talking about …. Dave had no clue … because he had not seen the letter either …. So with today's wonderful world of technology ….. I email Dave on air …from my truck…. a copy of my letter … in which he promptly read on air just as the show closed …..
About six months later … Dave announced in a short blurb …. That Georgia no longer required it's CDL drivers to join the activities of the ATA or lose their privilege to a CDL license….

So … I leave it to you to decide ….. Was I the one to get the ATA kicked out ….I know I never received any actual credit for it …. And I'm looking for any now …… It does not matter to me who receives the credit …. only that the job gets done …. Letters do work

No comments:

Post a Comment