Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2013

Maxine

Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 02/11/13 Maxine
With another long day of trailer trucking done, I pull into a crowed truck stop looking for a place to park. Finding a spot, I back in and call it a night.  It is going to be another long day tomorrow so I know already that I will be dragging my butt into a shower even before day light hits and then off for an early breakfast. Breakfast is the part of this plan that I have been working toward. Looking forward to I think describes it better. You see us long time over the road truckers can tell you every hole in the wall best place to stop. It could be decent food we are looking for or perhaps a clean shower. Whatever it is we are looking for, we know all across this America just where to go.

On this particular trip I was looking forward to spending a little time with a special waitress that no matter how grumpy you are when you first walk in, you will leave with a smile on your face just watching her work her tables. This is especially true if you just happen to be her victim for the day which somehow I always seem to be. You see, Maxine unlike most waitresses that will treat you extra nice, has figured out how to treat you extra nice while putting you in your place. She will pick at you and poke at you in such a way that will have the whole restaurant laughing in tears. And if you think you will get the best of her, well, I hope you like sitting under your table instead of at it.

I have traveled a lot of miles during my career. I have met a lot of waitresses in that time. I have even come to know lots of them just like family. But I have to say, I have never come across one that cares for her customers like Maxine does. Nor have I ever seen one that holds the respect and friendship of her coworkers like Maxine. Each and every time I stop in to visit her, there is always one or two drivers that are there just like me, stopping by to spend a few special moments with not just another waitress, but our good friend Maxine.

It’s a cold hard word out here sometimes. I feel a very lucky person knowing that I always have a friendly face with a smile on it waiting for me when I stop in at the TA at Terrell, TX. Sure, I might get kicked under the table and then slapped for being there. But everyone around is going to have a great time while we are at it.

Thanks Maxine for being our friend out here on the road. A special thanks from me for all the times you made my grumpy day into a great day. It may be just a day or two, or maybe a month or two, but soon, drivers that know where to find you look forward to sharing time with a friend like you once again. It sure makes being away from home just a bit easier to handle knowing we have a friend like you out here.
Be safe peeps. God Bless America
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment