Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Open Letter To TA/Petro

Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 1/30/13 Open Letter To TA/Petro
Again tonight, I pull into a truck stop looking for one my favorite parking spots just to find them blocked by reserved parking signs. You see, just a little while ago TA/Petro started this new thing of reserving spots for those that call ahead. I sat back then knowingly as I listened to the spiel that only a few locations would be taking part in this new deal. Just as I thought though when this first started, I figured that in just a few years, this just a few locations would turn into everywhere you go. In fact, I would not be surprised if every TA/Petro went to every location as all paid parking.

You see, TA/Petro is being just a bit sneaky as I see it. First a few spots so that the idea kind of sinks in. Wait just a bit, let the drivers get used to it, then when no one is looking, a few more spots go to paid spots and before you know it, every location is a pay to park. Just like the government does with regulations, TA/Petro is working on incrementally screwing drivers, one parking spot at a time. The only problem as I see it though, is truckers like me that vote with our dollars.

I am kind of an old cantankerous kind feller. When I see a truck stop screwing over second class drivers in favor of special drivers, I vote to take my cash and spend it where I feel all drivers are treated as equals. So as I sit in the back row tonight at a TA/Petro location that has turned my favorite parking spots into empty and blocked parking spaces, I enjoyed a well cooked meal not in your restaurant, but one that I cooked myself of food that I purchased not in your store. And in the morning when I normally would have pulled into you fuel pumps and purchased a tank of fuel, I will instead walk up and dump my trash in your trash can on the way to the can. Of course, I will make my own coffee skipping purchasing anything including a tank of fuel from the fuel island.

In short, again, some bean counter insisting on raping the wallets of drivers that cannot afford first class status will cost TA/Petro more money than they make by running off second class drivers. I will not do business with any truck stop that charges for parking. As I am sure you well know, the fuel tanks on these trucks will carry us for over a thousand miles. In those thousand miles, somewhere is a truck stop that will treat each driver as equally as the next driver.

Please reconsider this policy.

Be safe peeps. God Bless America
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment