Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

Self Education

Today's Thoughts 2/6/12 Self Education
Wow, what a heck of a last two weeks I had. Digging into all sorts of things and pulling out information from all sorts of places. Like our Constitution and letters between our ancestors. I bet I read a ton of legal papers and quotes from people in high places dating all the way back to when George Washington himself was president of our great Nation. Day after day learning more and more about not only how our country was developed, but also more importantly why. Even though I ended up on the losing side of the battle, I am a much smarter man for whatever that is worth. The war though is not over. This Natural Born Citizen and what the exact definition is has been around for quite some time and will be for years to come. That is not my point today. No Sir, my point is more to the fun I had learning all that I learned.

I cannot think of a better way to learn something then have a complete interest into the subject. Being so enthusiastic about it that you spend every waking hour digging and finding out things about our American way of life that you never even thought could have happened or could be. Keeping an open mind and understanding both sides of the argument makes it all the better. Watching the home team gain the win, then toss it aside was a roller coaster of a ride for sure, but the end game was a deeper understanding and education that would have took years of college to gain. Even though I disagree with the courts ruling about Obama's eligibility, at least now I understand it. I also now understand what each side's view of it is and I made a few friends to boot. I can also tell you to expect this to come up repeatedly for a long time to come. This will not go away even if the Supreme Court of the land looks at it and makes a final ruling. Welcome to American politics.

I highly recommend to everyone that you pick one or two of the issues this election season, really dig into it, and take a stand. Look back at how our ancestors dealt with your issue all the way through today's time and I bet you will learn more about this Country then they ever taught you in school. You will walk away a more educated person and hold the position of a higher educated voter on all the issues. One thing I could see for sure is that they are using our lack of knowledge against us. If they can create a truth without us being able to know the truth, then they can lead us down any path that they so choose. Self-educating ourselves will put an end to that. They will have to rise to meet our newly gained knowledge and will no longer find themselves able to pull the wool over our eyes.

Well now, with that said, what to do, what to do? I am sure there has to be something for me to dig into and piss someone off about. Soon, It won't take but a minute or two and I'll be back in the saddle again.

Be safe peeps …
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment