Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cat Skinning

Today's Thoughts 7/16/11 Cat Skinning


I've always said that there were more ways to skin a cat then one can count. Try enough of them and you might just build a better mouse trap. Well, I'm not trying to skin cats or build mouse traps. What I am trying to do is raise public awareness to a huge safety problem. If we can get the states without anti idling laws to understand that their neighbors are sending tired unsafe truckers their way, maybe we can find a voice louder than ours to walk with us. Beats doing nothing I guess. So here's my letter to my representatives I wrote today.


Sir.


As an veteran truck driver driving my first truck back in nineteen eighty and a long time advocate for safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles, I would like to bring to the attention of the state of Georgia a major safety issue concerning large commercial motor vehicles on Georgia highways.
 
Drivers abiding by the anti idling laws of states within a legal days drive from Georgia are being forced to sleep in the inhumane conditions created by these very laws. By not allowing these drivers to get proper rest due to the fact that extreme heat or cold makes that driver unable to get a proper rest period in, in fact makes them a danger to the motoring public. Proper rest as prescribed by FMCSA simply cannot be obtained in the cab of a truck in such inhumane conditions. I know this from personal experience.


Furthermore a driver cannot obtain proper rest if they have open windows in the cab trying to keep cool and they have to spend their rest break defending themselves from what has been known to crawl through these open windows resulting in the death of multiple drivers. Please refer to Jason's Law.


I respectfully submit that in order to keep our highways safe from truck drivers that have not obtained a proper rest period under safe and humane conditions and as prescribed by the FMCSA; that these drivers be required by Georgia law to do so at the first opportunity after crossing into our State. While I understand that following the laws of the state you are in is the proper legal thing to do, putting our citizens at the risk of these unsafe tired truckers is simply unacceptable.


Please help the Safe And Legal Truck Drivers Of America in providing for safer highways for all that share them.
Respectfully

Jeff Head.
Be safe peeps . Write your letter today . Lots of topics to chose from

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment