Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nightmares

Today's Thoughts 6/30/11 Nightmares
Scary indeed. I guess everyone out there has them. Your mind while in a deep sleep works itself into a state where all your deepest fears come to life. Although only a figment of your imagination, they can seem very real at the time and take a while to work through the feelings that can be left behind. Well, my baby had one last night. My baby for those of you that do not know is my beautiful wife of twenty seven years. Her dream had me just up and deciding that after so many years of blissful marriage, I just decided that I wanted something different, and just walked out. A nightmare indeed. Even the thought of leaving my baby scares the heck out of me.
How could she even think such a thing? Well, after a few minutes of talking with her this morning about her dream, it was not hard to understand. Looking back over the years at some of our friends and people we know including some long term relationships we have been close to and watching them break up. Sometimes even over the silliest things and other times some of the, well, "let not go there things". Ladies, I'm here to tell you, men can be stupid and I'm on your side.
Let's get back to my baby though. Seems like I knew who she was long before I actually met her. We went to the same school and rode the bus together. But it was years later when we finally got together. We started dating in August of eighty three. Two weeks after that first date I ask her to marry me and by October we were married. That was twenty seven years ago.
Being young and broke at the time, we soon found ourselves fighting to build our lives together. She would clean out trailers at a trailer park and trim the grass around them for just a few dollars to help make ends meet while I found myself walking ten miles each way to work to do my part. But thats what you did as we seen things to make a family grow. Especially with a young two year old son that needed to be fed.
Now speaking about our son. Together we fought to bring him up the best we could considering his health issues. Together as a team we went from professional to professional and choose a path we thought best for him even though we could not find two professionals that agreed on what that path should have been. And when family destroyed us because we did not pick the path that they thought was right, we held each other in our arms and cried together, We became stronger as a couple. And our son, he is becoming the man we both knew he could be. We did that, together as a team.
When I crushed the disc in my back and was laid out not able to move, both times you held down a job and took care of our son and myself. When I decided to run my truck legal, you stood beside me time after time as I had to give up good paying jobs and had to move along to the next. You done this because as a couple we decided that we would do that which is right in this life. Together we decided that this was how we wanted to be as people and through the years we have fought as a team to make this happen.
We have trust in each other because as I was traveling the open highways talking to women from all over this nation you knew I would never do anything wrong.  And you were right. Just as I knew that as you worked in those lawyers offices you would always go home to our home by yourself. We both knew and still know these things because we believe in being honest with each in the things we feel as humans and we can trust that we will always find our way back to each other no matter how far this world separates us. And because we know that communication along with both honesty and trust is the key to our success, we will always remain strong as a couple.
Leave you. Not on my life. God on his best day has never put together two people that were more meant for each other then you and I. the Devil himself could not tear us apart. And besides, for twenty five years I have been picking on you about that green and yellow thing you cooked for dinner that night. I'm not going to let you off that easy. You got at least another twenty five years coming.
Peeps, I love my wife. Now go love yours. Drive safe while you're at it.
Jeff Head.
Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

No comments:

Post a Comment