Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Taking A Break

Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 7/712 Taking A Break

I didn't mean to, take a break that is. I just found myself thrust into one this last week. I was sitting there one night just minding my own business and twenty four hours later I found myself stepping off of an airplane into a whole new world. I went from a hard core over the road truck driver to driving for a drum and bugle marching band. Teal Sound if you want to check out some of their YouTube stuff.

It is kind of wild to me I guess because of after years of training myself to move at a relaxed pace and still show a profit, now it's move at the last moment and make the shows just on time. It's not really that hard to do, nothing that cannot be done legal and all that, I guess it is just the fact that I am no longer the commander of my own truck. Others make the calls as to when and where this truck goes now. I do miss my freedom and will be happy to get back to it next week.

And now of course I find myself moving with a group of people instead of the more reclusive life style I have become used to. Instead of doing everything myself, everyone in the group has their own thing to do before we can move. It gets interesting when one part lags behind but we always seem to get there on time.

And the kids, they are all just wonderful and I really am getting to know some of them. They work very hard rehearsing all day just to put on a show in a different town almost every night. I don't see where they get the energy from. Or is it that I am just no longer a spring chicken anymore.

But I think the best thing I will get out of all this is a two week break from the real world of trucking. I think I was well over due for that. I guess after years of working trucking issues and fighting the good fight, perhaps it was time to step out of my world and into another's for a short bit. Maybe I will be able to relax and gain some new perspectives on life so that when I finally do return, I will be able to see things in a different way, I better way. We shall see. I'm looking forward to it.

I see snack time for the kids is coming up again so I have to run. I will get in line and of course just happen to have an extra clean paper plate for whichever one just happens to be standing next to me needing one. Certain things are hard to come by for the kids and I kind of get a kick out of just happening to have an extra one at just the right time. Oh well, simple pleasures are the best.


Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment