Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gay Chicken People

Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 7/24/12 Gay Chicken People
There I am again, yapping as loud as I can up there on my soapbox, about who knows what this time? Well, I guess you just have to laugh at me just a bit sometimes or just learn to love me I guess. Let us see if we can make this a short one anyway. Here we go; Chick Fil A and Gay Marriages. I hope this is not to hot of a topic for you and I bet if you stick around, I will show you a different way of looking at this.

So the fellers at the top of this chicken place do not like gay people getting married. And, if my guess is right, gay people are all up in arms because the chicken people have a different view on life then they do. Go figure here in America, two different groups of people seeing things differently. I'm sure this has never happened before, right?

Anyway, as for me, I'm a straight guy married to my wife, a women and that’s kind of the way I see things. This is the life style I choose t support. However, that in no way means that I think that people of the gay persuasion should not have the same things that married life brings to us as a married couple. I am though; an old fashioned traditional guy and I do believe marriage according to my beliefs should be between a man and a women. And I believe that some way should be found to make things equal for gays on a state level, the federal government has no place in this argument.

I think the biggest rub I see from my viewpoint is this, even though I will stand up for the rights of anyone to be anything they want to be in this country, including the gay life style, the other side seems to think that unless I absolutely drop my beliefs and support theirs, that I should be chastised. This is what they are doing to the chicken people. The chicken people believe in the traditional sense of the word marriage and that is what they support. This is what they should be allowed to support if we are to remain a free nation.

Imagine if you were told what you had to believe in and what activities you would take place in. Is that the America you know? To my knowledge, the chicken people have a right just as the gays do to live, support, and otherwise think for themselves and promote whatever life style they so chose. Just like you and myself do sitting right here reading this. No one should be forced into the beliefs of another, not in this country, not in America.

So the chicken people and the gays disagree with each other. I hope to God that even more groups disagree with even more groups and as long as everyone remains respectable and harms no one, I wish them all the happiness in the world as they chase their own versions of the American dream.
Well, that’s about as short as I can make it. Not too bad I hope.

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"
Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment