Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Tooth Brush and the Crack Pipe


Today's Thoughts 3/31/11  A Tooth Brush and the Crack Pipe

 

Inevitably somebody somewhere along the way says something so stupid that it makes everyone that heard it just draw up and get that weird look on their face. This happened to me the other day while standing in line to pay for my fuel. The driver that just finished paying for his fuel turned around and right out of the blue exclaimed "Now that I'm done for the day, I'm going to find me a dime bag and a pipe and enjoy the rest of the afternoon" Four of us just watched him walk out the door and get behind the wheel of an eighteen wheeler and drive away.

 

After I paid for my fuel I headed for the showers. Mumbling to myself   about how this guy was going to end up killing someone and how the rest of us decent drivers would end up paying for his actions somewhere down the line. All the while I'm turning on the shower to get the hot water going, getting undress and grabbing my tooth paste and tooth brush so I can brush my teeth. While I'm doing all this, I'm still thinking about what this guy said. Just going through the motions like I've done a million times before, applying the tooth paste to the tooth brush, putting the cap back on, and all the while thinking about what just was said back in that fuel line. "Holy frick" I drop my tooth brush and back away from it. The dang thing out of the blue just starts vibrating and gyrating all over the dang place laying there on the counter.

 

Now I'm thinking I'm the one smoking the crack pipe because this tooth brush that I've been using the last month just comes to life. I'm standing there butt naked half in a karate stance looking at this thing from across the shower like it was a rattle snake fixing to strike.  "What the heck." This just is not right. I was about yea close to exiting that shower in my nakedness and leaving that possessed tooth brush way behind.

 

About a month ago, I tossed my tooth brush towards my shower bag while taking a shower. I managed to miss and it ended up on the shower room floor. Any one knows that if it hits that floor you just toss it and buy a new one. That’s what I did. The truck stop only had one the shelf and I just grabbed it and never noticed that even though it looks like a regular tooth brush, It actually had two small buttons on it. I never noticed them. So while I was engrossed in my thoughts about what this driver said. I found the turn on button for my new tooth brush that’s makes it vibrate. Who would have thought that just a regular looking tooth brush would do that? Thinking I need to get a life.

 

Proof I think that even though you're not the one smoking the crack pipe, just thinking about it can really get your mind in a messed up place. Imagine what it would do if you’re the one actually smoking the pipe and then driving a big truck down the highway. It's kind of like this folks. If you are doing drugs and getting behind the wheel of a commercial motor vehicle please do us a favor. Get out. Get out of that truck. Get out of this industry. There is no room here for you. The days of driving across this country while wired to the gills is long gone. You sir, are not welcome.

 

I wish I could have been close enough to get the name of his company and truck number. I would have dropped a dime in a heartbeat. Maybe next time, oh well. Me, I'm better now. My fears of possessed tooth brushes are long gone and I can once again, I hope, take a shower by myself. Hopefully this driver will not find himself in a wreck where someone is hurt. I'll try harder next time I think, not to let the things I see get to me so much. I really need to keep my mind on what I'm doing so that I never have to defended myself from a itty bitty tooth brush again. Glad no one was around to see that precious moment in my life. Oh well.

 

Jeff Head            Do you Like Today's Thoughts?…. Don't forget to share or add me as your friendGod Bless America

#rlbjeffhead

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

Copy and share as much as you want (-:

Books By Jeff Head

Running Legal Blues

Drive Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment