Total Pageviews

Friday, March 8, 2013

New Horizons


Today's Thoughts By Jeff Head 3/8/13 New Horizons

Time for a change I think but not all at once though because as we all know, it takes time to plan these things out. It seems like a life time ago since I drove my first truck and after thirty years behind the wheel, I think maybe that it is time to work at being behind the desk for a while. So my lovely bride and I have decided to try our hand at being freight agents.  Not all at once though, no, you're not going to get me off the road that quick. But sooner or later this getting older by the minute truck driver will have to say good bye to the open road that has been my home for so many years.

 

To start with, Janet has been getting things up and running. She already has a good lead on things spending most of the day on the phone chasing down perspective customers. We have found a good broker to work for and with any luck, I should be a millionaire sometime next week. Well, maybe not next week but at least we as a team, we have a good reputation at making a go at the things we have partnered to do over the years. That one fact alone has me confident that we will once again succeed at this business venture too. I can think of no better person then your best friend and also your wife to work with. We always have fun at what we do.

 

It will be slow at first and I will stay on the road for a while longer just yet. But I believe our experience in the trucking industry will be a huge help to us as we work between shippers, receivers and the truckers. One thing I never liked as a driver is talking to a agent that did not have a clue as to what a trucker actually had to do to get the load there on time. Then on the other side of things was a trucker that did not know a whole lot about the freight that they were hauling. By putting us in the middle as your agent, with thirty years experience dealing with all kinds of different situations just about every day, we should be able to smooth out the bumps that will occasionally rise up and help everyone involved to get the load delivered on time.

 

I look forward to this new life, a new career. More than that though, after thirty years of trucking and being married to the same woman, I look forward to spending more time with my wife, Janet. As I said earlier, we have always worked well together and even though we love the trucking life, those long lonely weeks on end away from each other do get a little old after thirty years. So it is time for us to bring the old ways to an end and to begin our new life together.

 

So, Hi, this is Jeff with GRD Freight and I would like to help you with your logistical needs. Just give us a call.

 

 

 

God Bless America

Be sure to add me as a friend if you like "Today's Thoughts"

Copy and share as much as you want (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment